This is a very tasty lettuce wrap that will rival any Chinese takeout or elegant Chinese restaurant. It makes a nice presentation for an appetizer, as well.
Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- 1/3 c water
- 3 tbsp organic almond/cashew butter
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 c shiitake mushroom caps, chopped
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 (8 ounces) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/3 c tamari
- ½ c green onions, optional
- 1 head lettuce, separated into leaves
- Cook turkey in skillet with almond butter and coconut oil for about 5 minutes, stirring until turkey crumbles and is no longer pink.
- Add mushrooms, and next 5 ingredients. Increase heat to medium-high, and cook, stirring constantly, 4 minutes.
- Add green onions if desired and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Spoon mixture evenly onto lettuce leaves; roll up.
- Serve with extra tamari sauce if desired.